Recruitment, Placement and Leasing
of Specialised Personnel
When an applicant applies, we check that he meets the necessary minimum requirements as specified by the client.
Previous employers are contacted and information requested includes the following:
- Employment duration
- Unexplained Gaps in employment
- Employment duties
- Reason for leaving the company
- Whether the previous employer would re-employ if they had the opportunity.
We conduct the following checks on applicants:
- Criminal record
- ID validation
- Licence and PDP verification
- Credit checks
- Verification of qualifications (including school)
- We have Biometric Officers who are qualified in taking fingerprints to expedite the criminal screening proces
Psychomotor evaluation (Drivers): This test assists us to identify average candidates from above average candidates.
- The psychomotor evaluates the following:
- Fine motor skills
- Reactions under normal conditions, stressful conditions and ability to recover from stress
- Perception of speed, direction and depth
- Ability to concentrate in monotonous circumstances and the ability to detect small changes in the environment
- A report is done on the above test by a qualified Industrial Psychologist.
A medical assessment is done by a medical practitioner on potential candidates. We recommend the following tests as the minimum tests to be conducted for non-specialized employment.
- A basic physiological test
- Blood pressure
- Urine analysis (diabetes)
- Visual acuity
- Gamma GT (liver function to detect alcohol usage)
- Cannabis screening
- *Lung function
- In-Cab assessment (Drivers only)
We recommend that an in-cab assessment is done on your premises by a senior driver or a driver trainer before placement is confirmed. This will ensure that you are satisfied with the applicant's driving abilities.